Wednesday, February 2, 2011

# 3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY CELLPHONE

Ok.. 2nd february is now a very important date in my life.. It happens to be the b'day of two of my dearest assets.. my dear nokia 6303 classic handset and my new blog :)



hmmm.. so let me tell u more about my cellphone.. ok this is technically the 4th handset that i m using.. The first one was a super awesome slider nokia 6270.. 2mp camera with flash.. 1 gB mini sd memory stick
well i bought is when i was in eleventh.. it was a reward from dad u know.. coz i scored a huge 90.8% at my tenth boards.. :) :) :) yeah thank u thank u :) :) :)
so when i got it in the year 2006, it cost me a huge 17,000 rupees.. really expensive.. but it was my first phone .. i was over excited and so i bought it!
I could proudly show off and all my friends wanted to see it ... nice feeling!
but yeah with time, the poor phone became a sorry victim of my rough handling..
its screen broke thrice.. yeah it did.. how it happened is a funny story.. il mention it later.
once i almost lost it.. il again tell this story later..
but yeah the phone survived for 3.5 years and finally passed away in december 2009 :( :( :( sob sob
i cried a lot .. i mean i was personally attached to it yaa.. it had memories of so many firsts.. the first pic i clicked.. first contact i saved and things like that..
but yeah i moved on..
then for six months i used my didi's ancient museum piece.. her old nokia 3210..
no camera.. no memory card.. nothing.. only color screen
i managed to kill that phone too.. then a friend lended me his vodafone magic box handset for a while
until after my super awesome results of 3rd semester.. i EARNED this new nokia phone that turned a year old jus yest :) :) :)
its in good condition.. no phy damage so far, working and alive :) :).. my dad is surprised but glad at the same time :)


story # 1  SCREEN DAMAGE

there is a reason i CANNOT own a touchscreen phone or for that matter.. anything that is touch screen... i have broken the glass of my old phone 3 times.. yeah.. THREE times..
first time it accidentally happened.. so i changed the panel and added a crystal cover to protect it
one day the crystal cover came out and the phone fell down the moment and BOOM! the glass crashed again.. third time was hilarious.. now i was very cautious.. i used to put the crystal cover all the time and keep the phone on my bed for charging.. one day the charger fell from the socket BANG on my phone screen and again.. CRASH!!
since then i realised that it would be insane for me to opt for a touch screen device..
no screen and the phone will go handicap

story # 2  HOW I NEARLY LOST MY CELLPHONE

It was one of the monsoon nights when rujuta and I were returning back home from our coaching class..
It suddenly started pouring down very heavily and we both parked our bikes under a banyan tree to change into our raincoats.. i reached home partly drenched only to realise that my cell was missing!
I went back with my mom.. i tried calling on my phone but in vain..
finally i went to the spot where we had stopped to wear our raincoats.. there my poor shwthrt phone was lying quietly in a puddle of water and vibrating bubbles out..
poor kid.. i rescued him and took him home..
i blowed him dry with my hair drier.. but in vain.. he was never able to fully recover form that traumatic experience and it developed several disorders later cause of which it finally passed away a year ago.. :(
but yeah i realised that it was meant to be my phone else i would have never found it that night!!



so thats the story of me and cellphones i owned..

something different in the next post i promise :)

take care!

tada!!

1 comment: